Meetings of the Chestermere Curling Association will be held several times throughout the year, everyone is welcome to attend. Details will be posted on our website and on the bulletin board at the complex. Please bring any questions or concerns to one of our meetings or bring them to the attention of your league coordinator.
The Chestermere Curling Association is a volunteer run, non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the continuation of curling in Chestermere. All positions on our Executive Committee are filled by a terrific team of individuals who volunteer their time to keep curling alive in our community.
We are actively seeking volunteers to help out with our Association as many of the current committee members have already served several years on the board. Without volunteers we simply cannot run our leagues and bonspiels each season. We are hoping that our members will step up and donate their time to help ensure the curling program in Chestermere continues to improve and grow in years to come.
Unlike the larger curling clubs, we do not have staff to take care of the everyday details of running a curling program, these duties fall squarely on the shoulders of our volunteers. We hope that you will consider volunteering for our board; it only takes a few hours a month. Even if you are unable to commit to taking on a Board position, we can always use help in organizing bonspiels, fund raising etc. … whatever time you have to give us would be very much appreciated!
If you are interested in volunteering, please send email to email@example.com.
2016\2017 Executive Committee
- President: Nick Woronuk
- Vice President & Wednesday Mixed Coordinator: Dan Jenkins
- Treasurer: Denise Schmitz
- Secretary: Sharon Woronuk
- Junior Coordinator: Marla Forth
- Men’s Coordinator: Andy Hamel
- Ladies Coordinator: Joanne Heck
- Thursday Mixed Coordinator: Ron Forth
- Friday Open Coordinator: Karen Timmermans
- Seniors Coordinator: Shirley Boitson
Documents & Links
- The Chestermere Curling Association Name was registered in December of 1985 when it was changed from the Chestermere Men’s Club.
- The Chestermere Curling Club curled out of the Indus Curling Rink for the 1985/1986 Season.
- Construction of the Chestermere Curling Rink started in January 1986 – Photos
- Official Opening of the Chestermere Curling Rink was November 1986 – Photos
- 3 sets of our rocks were purchased from the Beiseker Curling Club and 1 set was purchased from the Indus Curling Club.
- Our first Men’s Bonspiel was held in February 1987 – Photos
- Grand Opening of the Chestermere Curling Rink was held in November of 1987.
- The 25th Anniversary Bonspiel was held November 5th and 6th, 2011 – Photos
- 1st Annual Amazing Race was held Sept 20th, 2014 and the Chestermere Curling Club was a Challenge Host – Photos